Ego Marketing is:
1. Showing off product coolness. Splash and buzz is like a firework (short.)
2. Spends too much of early critical resources on big-bang tradeshows and ads.
Burn Rate: the rate at which a start-up company spends capital to finance operations before generating positive cash flow from operations.
Organic Marketing: Results are what matter:
1. What really matters is where the product is installed and how it’s holding up.
2. First seed the market with a minimum of installations and corresponding reputable testimonials. This builds a portfolio of endorsers and testimonials.
3. Target resources for cost efficiency. “Low-fidelity” marketing communications can outperform glitz.